Cheryl focuses her practice on domestic and international estate planning, probate, estate and trust administration, prenuptial matters, and charitable planning and counseling, including the creation and administration of charitable organizations. In addition, Cheryl advises clients on gift and income tax planning in connection with closely held business interests, commercial real estate, private equity funds, hedge funds, and the disposition and administration of intellectual property rights. Cheryl also counsels clients in connection with will contests and estate and trust litigation.
- New York University School of Law, 1991, LL.M., Taxation
- Harvard Law School, 1988, J.D., cum laude
- Yale University, 1985, B.A., summa cum laude
- New York
- New Jersey
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, Fellow
- New York State Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Law Section
- New York City Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council of New York City Inc.
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© for Trusts and Estates, 2007-2023. The Best Lawyers in America is issued by Best Lawyers. A description of the selection methodology can be found at bestlawyers.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Selected for inclusion in the New York Metro Super Lawyers list for Estate Planning & Probate, 2006-2022. Also named to the Top Women Attorneys list, 2014-2016. The New York Metro Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at superlawyers.com. No aspect of the above advertisements have been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Ranked in Chambers High Net Worth for New York Private Wealth Law and USA Private Wealth Law: Eastern Region, 2011-2020. Chambers USA is issued by Chambers and Partners. A description of the selection methodology can be found at chambers.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Legalease’s Legal 500 US, Leading Lawyer (2013-2015)
- Top Women Attorneys, Avenue Magazine (2011)