Catherine is an associate in the Global Commercial Disputes Group with particular experience in insurance recovery and international arbitration. Catherine’s arbitration experience includes cases under the LCIA and ICC rules as well as ad hoc arbitration under the Arbitration Act 1996.
Catherine has advised on the coverage position under a wide range of policies, including professional indemnity, D&O, crime, property, and hull and machinery policies. She has represented a variety of high-profile clients across a number of industry sectors, including transportation, energy, retail and financial services. She has strong expertise in Bermuda Form arbitrations for international commercial clients.
- The University of Law, 2013, LL.B., LPC
- The University of Law, 2012, GDL
- University of Manchester, 2011, M.A., American Studies (History)
- University of Sheffield, 2010, BA (Hons), English and History
- Women in Compliance Network
- Young International Arbitration Group (LCIA)
- BILA Young Professionals
- Ranked as 'Associates to watch' in Chambers UK for UK-wide Insurance: Mainly Policyholders, 2023
- Catherine was part of a wider Reed Smith team nominated at the 2017 C5 Women in Compliance awards for Fraud and Competition and Anti-Trust Investigation Team of the Year in relation to the European Commission’s investigation into shipping consortia and price signaling.