Rebeca E. Mosquera is a senior associate in the international arbitration practice of Reed Smith’s New York office. She has been described as ‘undoubtedly one of the names to be regarded for arbitration in the US’, Rebeca regularly represents clients in international commercial and investment arbitration disputes under the rules of the International Chambers of Commerce (ICC), the International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR), the international division of the American Arbitration Association (AAA), the International Centre for the Settlement of Investments Disputes (ICSID), UNCITRAL, and ad hoc proceedings.
Rebeca has received several accolades and awards for her work in international arbitration. She has been recognised by Latinvex as one of Latin America’s Top 100 Female Lawyers. Who’s Who Legal lists Rebeca as one of the eight ‘Most Highly Regarded’ international arbitration non-partners in the Americas, as well as a Future Leader in Arbitration. More recently, Rebeca was honoured among the New York Law Journal’s Rising Stars, which recognises the region’s most promising lawyers.
- American University, Washington College of Law, 2018, Certification in International Investment Arbitration
- New York University School of Law, 2013, LL.M., International Business Regulations, Litigation and Arbitration
- University of Alaska Anchorage, 2011, Master, M. Sc. in Project Management
- Universidad Santa Maria La Antigua, 2005, LL.B., magna cum laude
- New York
- Republic of Panama
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of New York
- State Superior Court - New York
- New York Arbitration Week 2022, Organizing Committee
- ArbitralWomen, Board Member
- ICC YAF Representative North America
- American Bar Association
- New York International Arbitration Center, Individual Member
- International Council for Commercial Arbitration (ICCA), Member
- The Rising Arbitrators Initiative (RAI), Membership Task Force
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© "Ones to Watch" list for Commercial Litigation, 2023
- Who’s Who Legal, Listed for ‘Most Highly Regarded’ international arbitration non-partner in the Americas, 2022.
- New York Law Journal Rising Star, 2021.
- Who’s Who Legal, Listed for Arbitration Future Leaders - Non Partners, 2020, 2021, 2022.
- Latinvex, Listed as one of Latin America’s Top 100 Female Lawyers for Arbitration & Litigation, 2020, 2021.
- Human Rights’ 2019 Human Rights Volunteer Award and the American Immigration Lawyers Association’s 2019 Arthur C. Helton Memorial Human Rights Award, 2019.