Leon is co-lead of the Reed Smith fund finance team, based in London. Leon and the team work with banks, other financial institutional lenders, managers, general partners and limited partners of funds on specialist fund financing transactions with private equity, secondaries, real estate, direct lending and infrastructure funds.
Leon has particular specialist knowledge of NAV/asset-backed and hybrid facilities, secondary funds facilities, capital call facilities, co-investment and GP/manager support facilities and other types of liquidity facilities provided to funds.
- University of Cambridge, Gonville and Caius College, 1994, B.A., Hons
- Nottingham Trent University, 1995, LPC
- University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne, 2000, Paris Chamber of Commerce Certificate of Commercial and Economical French & Annual Diploma of French Language and Civilisation
- England und Wales
- New York
- Member of the Loan Market Association and sits on the LMA Documentation Committee
- Member of the New York Bar Association
- Member of the Royal Institute of International Affairs
- Member of the British American Business Inc.
- Listed as a Leading Lawyer in The Legal 500 UK for Fund finance, 2021
- Listed as Notable Practitioner in IFLR1000 Global for UK Banking, 2020-2021
- 2004 - Qualified New York Attorney
- 2000 - Qualified French Lawyer, Avocat
- 1998 - Qualified as a solicitor of England & Wales