Event Type: Webinar, CLE / CPD
- Start Date/Time:
- 7 June 2016, 11:00 AM EDT
- End Date/Time:
- 7 June 2016, 12:00 PM EDT
The General Data Protection Regulation will come into force from 25 May 2018, ushering in a host of new rights for data subjects, and obligations for data controllers. As the arm of European Data Protection Law grows ever longer, organisations must now take stock of their activities to ensure that they comply with the new regime.
Please join Reed Smith for an interactive webinar offering clients and friends an overview of some of the key provisions of the GDPR, their practical impact on businesses, and how best to begin preparing for this regulatory change.
The free webinar will explore the following topics:
- Jurisdictional scope of the GDPR
- Rights of individuals and consent
- Processors under the GDPR
- Data transfers
- Profiling and research
- Regulators, investigations and sanctions