Thomas is a partner in the Entertainment & Media Industry Group and specializes in information technology law.
His particular expertise covers all legal matters related to digitalization, digital media, IoT, Virtual Reality, Social Media and data economy. He regularly advises on data privacy (including GPDR-readiness and BCR), cybersecurity, risk management and compliance issues. With his full-service approach he supports national and international companies from audit to training and implementation of new IT-systems.
- Regensburg, Germany, 2002, Second State Exam (Bar exam equivalent)
- University of Regensburg, Germany, 2001, Ph.D., Law
- Regensburg, Germany, 1999, First State Exam (J.D. equivalent), Regensburg
- University of Regensburg, Germany, 1993, Study of Law
- University of Trieste, Italy, 1995, Study of Law
- All German Local and District Courts
- All German Higher Regional Courts
- Member of the Munich Bar Association
- Member of the German Society for Law and Computer Science (DGRI)
- Member of the Information Technology Work Group of the German Bar Association (DAV IT)
- Thomas has been recognized as one of Germany’s Best Lawyers for Information Technology Law and Media Law in a peer review by Handelsblatt and Best Lawyers® 2019.
- Thomas has been recognized continuously since 2013 as one of Germany’s Best Lawyers for "Information Technology" in the peer review by Best Lawyers® and Handelsblatt