Of these, seven lawyers from Reed Smith’s San Francisco and Silicon Valley offices were included in Super Lawyers’ 2022 lists for Northern California. Four of them are ranked Super Lawyers, and three are named Rising Stars.
And five lawyers from Reed Smith’s Los Angeles office were included in Super Lawyers’ 2022 lists for Southern California. Three of them are ranked Super Lawyers and two are included in the publisher’s Rising Stars list.
The four lawyers included on the Northern California Super Lawyers list are based in San Francisco and Palo Alto, Calif. They are:
- Katherine Basile, Intellectual Property
- Raymond Cardozo, Appellate
- Paul Fogel, Appellate
- Dennis Peter Maio, Appellate
Reed Smith lawyers from both Northern California offices were included in the 2022 Northern California Rising Stars list. They are:
- Maytak Chin, Business Litigation
- Justine Lee, Intellectual Property
- Brenda Rosales-Carrillo, Employment & Labor
Three Reed Smith lawyers were included on the Southern California Super Lawyers list. They are based in Los Angeles:
- James Martin, Appellate
- Kurt Peterson, Professional Liability: Defense
- James Sanders, Securities Litigation
Two other firm lawyers from Los Angeles were included in the 2022 Southern California Rising Stars list:
- Brittany Hernandez, Employment Litigation: Defense
- Mona Razani, Employment & Labor
Being on a Super Lawyers list connotes a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. To be selected as a Rising Star, lawyers must either be 40 years old or younger, or in practice for 10 years or fewer.
Super Lawyers selects lawyers through a multiphase process that includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations. A description of the selection process can be found at superlawyers.com.