Michael is an associate in the Intellectual Property Group. His practice includes patent litigation in federal district courts and before the International Trade Commission, inter partes reviews before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, patent portfolio analysis, and other aspects of intellectual property law. Michael holds both a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in electrical engineering and worked as an engineer for eight years in industry prior to law school. Michael’s background provides him with a strong foundation for gaining a deep understanding of the complicated technologies involved in his cases and to enable him to work directly and efficiently with technical witnesses and experts.
- University of Houston Law Center, 2010, J.D.
- Texas Tech University, 2001, M.S.E.E.
- University of Tulsa, 1999, B.S., Electrical Engineering
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Federal Circuit
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Houston IP Lawyers Association
Awards & Recognition
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© "Ones to Watch" list for Intellectual Property Law and Patent Law, 2021-2023