Denise has been a partner of Reed Smith Richards Butler since 1998. She is based in Hong Kong and her career of more than 20 years has been built on transactions mainly in Greater China and also South-east Asia. The diversity of practice has seen her hand hold start ups, be in the thick of private equity investments, negotiate and execute both public company takeovers and private company M&A and lead about 50 successful IPOs on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. After IPO, she continues to advise her clients on secondary debt and equity issues, spin-offs, corporate governance and compliance, regulatory investigations and throughout her career, she has also advised on a number of high profile corporate restructurings and privatisations of listed companies in Hong Kong. Denise was a member of the firm’s Executive Committee in 2008-2015.
- Recommended by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2015 – 2017 for Capital Markets (Equity), Corporate (including M&A) and Private Equity
- Ranked as a leading lawyer by IFLR1000 2013 – 2017 for Capital Markets
- Ranked by Chambers Global and Chambers Asia Pacific 2015 - 2016 for Corporate and M&A
- Lead partner in Hsu Fu Chi/Nestle M&A – Winner of ALB SE Asia Law Awards 2012 for “Singapore M&A Deal of the Year”
- Sole winner in Hong Kong for the General Corporate category for ILO Client Choice Awards 2010