Kat works in trademark law, including prosecution, enforcement, and litigation, bringing a holistic perspective to solving her clients’ business problems. Kat counsels on strategy, prosecution, and enforcement efforts for global trademark portfolios, as well as handling disputes before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and litigating in Federal Court. Kat is also active in the firm’s pro bono practice, where she has argued successfully to obtain withholding from removal for an HIV-positive client in Immigration Court. Her proudest moment was watching one of her pro bono clients be sworn in as a U. S. Citizen, which he wanted to do so that he could vote, get a passport, and travel without fear of not being able to come home. Prior to joining the firm, Kat worked in IP litigation for technology companies with Russo & Hale LLP. She also has direct experience working in marketing for several Silicon Valley startup companies.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D., cum laude, Hastings Law Journal; Pro Bono Award
- Stanford University, 2008, B.A.
- All State Courts - California
- U.S. District Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Ninth Circuit
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© "Ones to Watch" list for Intellectual Property Law, 2021
- Selected through peer review for inclusion on the inaugural edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, 2020