Mark is a senior transactional partner, who serves as Global Chair of Reed Smith's Private Equity Group. He is an elected member of the Firm’s Executive Committee and a member of the Diversity & Inclusion Committee Advisory Board. He specializes in the areas of private equity, mergers and acquisitions and fund formation.
- St. John's University School of Law, 1992, J.D., cum laude
- Georgetown University, 1988, B.S.F.S., School of Foreign Service
- New York
- New Jersey
- District of Columbia
- Co-Founder, The Lifelong Water Project, Inc.
- Member, Board of Directors, Youth, INC.
- Director, Ghana-American Community Development, Inc.
- Advisory Board Member, Centurion Intelligence Partners
- Advisory Board Member, Saigon Asset Management
- Member, U.S. Delegation, Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation, Hanoi, Vietnam, November 2006
- Co-Chair, Pacific Century Institute, Annual Award Dinner, February 2007 and 2008
- 2017 - BTI Client Service All-Star, Mergers & Acquisitions
- 2015 - Named by Chambers 2015 NY – M&A / Corporate as a “Noted Practitioner”
- Selected for inclusion in the New York Metro Super Lawyers list for Mergers & Acquisitions (2011, 2014-2019). The New York Metro Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at superlawyers.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- 2010 - Recognized in Legal 500 US as a "Leading Lawyer" for Mergers, Acquisitions and Buyouts: Middle-Market ($500M-$999M); "Highly recommended M&A lawyer and team leader"
- 2009 - Highlighted in Legal 500 US as highly sought after by clients for his M&A experience; "Knowledgeable, connected, thoughtful, responsive, and always available during important matters", and has "deep business understanding of law as well."
In The News
- 15 March 2019 "Restoration Robotics and Venus Concept Announce Merger to Create a Leading Global Medical Aesthetics Company" Globe Newswire
- AEA Investors
- Apax Partners
- Blackstone Group
- CITIC Group
- Coller Capital
- CT Ventures
- EW Healthcare Partners
- GHO Capital
- GSO Capital Partners
- Investcorp International
- Leeds Equity Partners, LLC
- Marathon Asset Management
- Nakheel PJSC
- Saigon Asset Management
- SEDCO Capital
- Alliant Insurance Services, Inc.
- American Express
- Bank of Tokyo - Mitsubishi UFJ Ltd
- JPMorgan Chase
- Sumitomo Corporation of America
- US Trust
Life Sciences and Healthcare
- DJO Global
- Venus Concept