Mark is a senior transactional partner, who serves as Global Chair of Reed Smith’s Private Equity Group, an elected member of the Firm’s Executive Committee and as Co-Chair of the Firm’s New York Diversity Committee. He specializes in the areas of private equity, mergers and acquisitions and capital markets.
- 2017 - BTI Client Service All-Star, Mergers & Acquisitions
- 2015 - Recognized by Chambers 2015 NY – M&A / Corporate as a “Noted Practitioner”
- 2014 – Recognized by Super Lawyers
- Listed among the “Leading Lawyers” for Mergers; Acquisitions and Buyouts: Middle-Market ($500M-$999M) in the Legal 500 US 2010: “Highly recommended M&A lawyer and team leader.”
- Noted in 2009 The Legal 500 directory as being regularly picked out by clients for his M&A experience. He is “knowledgeable, connected, thoughtful, responsive, and always available during important matters”, and has “deep business understanding of the law as well.”
- AEA Investors
- Apax Partners
- Blackstone Group
- CITIC Group
- CT Ventures
- Essex Woodlands Health Ventures
- GHO Capital
- GSO Capital Partners, LP
- Investcorp International Inc.
- Marathon Asset Management
- Medley Capital
- Nakheel PJSC
- Saigon Asset Management
- SEDCO Capital
- Alliant Insurance Services, Inc.
- American Express
- Bank of Tokyo - Mitsubishi UFJ Ltd
- JPMorgan Chase
- Sumitomo Corporation of America
- US Trust
- Graham Packaging
- Hoyu Ltd.
- Daymon Worldwide
- FM Facility Maintenance
- Logan’s Roadhouse
Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Catalent Pharma Solutions
- China Genetics
- DJO Global
- Hehui Capital
- Related Companies L.P.
- Royal Dutch Shell plc
- St. John's University School of Law, 1992, J.D., cum laude
- Georgetown University, 1988, B.S.F.S., School of Foreign Service
- New York
- New Jersey
- District of Columbia
- Member, Board of Directors, Youth, INC.
- Advisory Board Member, Centurion Intelligence Partners
- Advisory Board Member, Saigon Asset Management
- Member, U.S. Delegation, Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation, Hanoi, Vietnam, November 2006
- Co-Chair, Pacific Century Institute, Annual Award Dinner, February 2007 and 2008