Heather is a partner in the Life Sciences Health Industry Group, with nearly two decades of experience defending pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in mass tort litigation involving prescription medications and devices, as well as over-the-counter drugs. From cardiac to kidney disease, reproductive to genitourinary systems, she has a deep understanding of the scientific and medical expertise necessary to defend complex product liability claims. She regularly works with medical and scientific experts to convey the state of the science to judges and juries. She is skilled in marshaling evidence for dismissal of claims before trial whenever possible, in excluding or limiting the opposing party’s experts, and in countering theories of medical causation. Through her experience with highly regulated product manufacturers, Heather has developed a keen understanding of quality and compliance programs and provides practical advice for risk mitigation. Having served as a member of Lawyers’ For Civil Justice E-Discovery Committee, Heather has a deep understanding of e-discovery principles and regularly advises clients on discovery issues, including data privacy protections.
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, 2003, J.D.
- Swarthmore College, 1997, B.A.
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- American Bar Foundation
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
Awards & Recognition
- LEADERSHIP Philadelphia Core Program (2015)
- Heather was selected to the 2013 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star for Business Litigation list. The Rising Stars list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at superlawyers.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Recognized by the Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program (VIP) - "Volunteer of the Month" for exceptional representation of VIP homeownership clients (April 2009)
- Regular recipient, First Judicial District of Pennsylvania's Pro Bono Roll of Honor - for exemplary pro bono work
- Heather was selected to the 2008 Lawyers on the Fast Track list. The Lawyers on the Fast Track list is issued by The Legal Intelligencer. A description of the selection methodology can be found at thelegalintelligencer.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Recipient, Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program's "VIPeople's Choice Award" - for exemplary personal service and commitment to VIP (2008)
Board Memberships and Community Service
- Member, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Corporate Council (2017 – present)
- Chair, Board of Directors of the Legal Clinic for the Disabled (2013 - 2015)
- Member, Board of Directors of the Legal Clinic for the Disabled (2008 - 2015)
- Member, Board of Trustees of International House Philadelphia (2010 - 2014)
- Founder and Chair, Board of Delegates of International House Philadelphia (2008 - 2010)
- Founding Member, Reed Smith’s Tangled Title Team (2007 – present)