Jim is a partner in the Global Commercial Disputes Group, where he focuses his practice on defending companies in commercial class actions, shareholder-related litigation, and complex tax disputes. Since joining the firm in 2005, Jim has handled the defense of shareholder derivative lawsuits and class actions in all contexts, including in the retail, real estate, energy, pharmaceutical, banking, insurance, consumer finance, investment management, and securities industries. Jim has also developed a practice advising and defending clients throughout the United States on accessibility issues relating to Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act and state law-based accessibility requirements.
- University of Notre Dame, 2002, B.B.A., Finance and Anthropology, cum laude; Dean's Honor List, Member of the Lambda Alpha honor society for Anthropology
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2005, J.D., cum laude, Order of the Coif; Associate Editor and Executive Editor, Pittsburgh Tax Review; Recipient of the CALI Award for Excellence in Foundations of Legal Research, Trial Advocacy and Intellectual Property Law; Recipient of the Murray S. Love Trial Moot Court Award; Finalist in the Gourley Trial Court Competition
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Pennsylvania
- State Supreme Court - Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Third Circuit
- Selected for inclusion on the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for Class Action (2012-2019)