Carolyn is a partner in the Insurance Recovery Group. She served on Reed Smith’s Executive Committee, including as chair of the Audit and Talent Committees. She frequently advises corporations, directors and officers, risk managers, insurance brokers, lawyers and other professionals on insurance coverage, corporate indemnification, enterprise risk management and litigation matters nationwide and internationally. Carolyn also assists clients in evaluating insurance coverage and other protections when negotiating transactions and obtaining or renewing coverage, as well as represents them in resolving coverage disputes. In addition, Carolyn is a member of the firm's Social and Digital Media and Cloud Computing Task Forces, where she contributes her insurance expertise.
- Recognized as a "Client Service All-Star," in Complex Litigation Group Strategy by BTI Consulting Group, 2017
- Recognized in Illinois Leading Lawyers, Insurance Coverage and Reinsurance Law, 2015
- Recognized in "Top Women Attorneys in Illinois," Chicago Magazine, 2014
- Awarded a Top Lawyer Designation with the Leading Lawyers Network 2008 member network
- Recognized as one of Illinois’ top insurance lawyers by Who’s Who Legal, the International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers, 2006-2008
- Recognized as Super Lawyer by Illinois Super Lawyers magazine, 2006 - 2017
- Recognized as one of the Top 50 women lawyers in Illinois by Super Lawyers magazine, 2013
- Recognized by Chambers USA 2008-2016: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- Named one of Business Insurance magazine's "Women to Watch" in 2010
- Recommended in the 2013 edition of Legal 500 United States for Insurance: Advice to Policyholders
- February 2017 "4 D&O Liability Trends Executives Should Watch in 2017" Law360
- June 2016 "Tips For Executives To Maximize D&O Coverage" Law360
- February 2016 "Reed Smith" The National Law Journal
- August 2014 "Chicago Litigation Departments of the Year: Insurance" The National Law Journal
- June 2014 "Merger-Objection Lawsuits: Coping With the Inevitable" Advisen Risk Network
- November 2013 "What's the One Thing Missing From Your Corporate Compliance Program?" JD Supra Law News
- September 2013 "5 Tips for Companies Chasing Coverage for Corruption Probes" Law360
- April 2012 "D&O Coverage Expansions Not As Broad As Advertised, Broker Says" Advisen FPN
- September 2010 "Social networking, cloud computing bring new risk exposures" Business Insurance
- July 2010 "Audit Committee Checklist: D&O Coverage" Compliance Week
- April 2010 "Goldman Legal Woes Could Hit Insurers" Business Insurance
- November 2009 "Rise In Bribery Probes May Hit D&O Insurers" Business Insurance
- November 2009 "D&O Insurance: The Latest Trends" Practical Law
- July/August 2007 "Lawyer-Client Relationships Go Both Ways" Corporate Board Member Magazine, Special Issue
- July/August 2006 "Unmasking The Seven Secrets of The Greatest Lawyers" Corporate Board Member Magazine, Special Issue
- July/August 2005 "Paying out of your own pocket: What you need to worry about, and what you don't" Corporate Board Member Magazine
- 25 May 2005 "Lawyers Play New Role in D&O Insurance Process" Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
- 15 April 2005 "Sox-ERA Coverage Tough to Come by" Risk and Insurance
- 1 November 2004 "U.S. Insurers Broadening Side A Policies" Business Insurance
- 18 October 2004 "Buyers Cautious, Optimistic About D&O Market" National Underwriter
- July 2004 "The 10 Trickiest Legal Challenges for Directors Today" Corporate Board Member Special Legal Issue
- 17 February 2003 "Guiding Governance" Crain's Chicago Business
- 2 December 2002 "Corporate Buyers Can Still Be Choosy When Shopping In D&O Market" National Underwriter
- 2 September 2002 "D&O Cases Highlight Exec Risk: Fees on fees at center of coverage rulings" Business Insurance
- Sky Radio: America's Most Influential Women, a program dedicated exclusively to providing insight and wisdom from the world’s most powerful women, American Airlines, July 2006.
- "Directors and Officers Liability Insurance Striking Out Risk," featured in roundtable discussion in Corporate Board Member Magazine 2003 Special Supplement.
- "Risk Management Goes Global," panelist/moderator in roundtable discussion featured
in Corporate Board Member Magazine 2008 Special Supplement.