James is a partner in the firm’s Energy and Natural Resources Group. He is an arbitration lawyer with more than 14 years’ experience and his practice centres on complex disputes and international arbitrations, largely within the construction, the offshore oil and gas, and other energy industries.
He represents clients in arbitration proceedings under the major international and regional arbitration rules including the ICC, LCIA, DIAC, SIAC, HKIAC, KCAB and DIFC.
- University of Hull, 2001, LL.B., Law (Hons)
- Manchester University, 2002, Legal Practice Course
- England and Wales
- The Government of Dubai Legal Affairs Department
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales, 2007
- Admitted to the Dubai Legal Affairs Department, 2013
- Registered practitioner before the DIFC courts, 2013
Awards & Recognition
- Listed in Legal 500 Private Practice Arbitration Powerlist - Middle East Region 2022 and 2023
- Ranked Chambers Global for United Arab Emirates Dispute Resolution, 2020 - 2023
- Ranked for Construction and Dispute Resolution: Arbitration, UAE – Legal 500 EMEA 2020