The AmLaw Industry Awards honor exceptional lawyers, law firms, legal departments and legal organizations in the United States. This year’s winners will be announced at a formal event on November 10 in New York.
Reed Smith has been shortlisted in the following categories:
- Best Corporate Practice – Small/Midcap Deals. The firm is among seven finalists on the strength of its M&A middle-market and private equity transactions.
- Best Business Team. The firm’s human resources team is among five finalists, recognized for its internal efforts around wellness, mental health and family support.
- Legal Services Innovation. The firm is among six finalists based on its development of new technologies to help clients and the firm’s lawyers cut through repetitive functions across a host of disciplines.
Best Corporate Practice – Small/Midcap Deals
AmLaw shortlisted Reed Smith on the basis of several notable deals across several industries, including entertainment & media, health care and sports.
The Best Corporate Practice – Small/Midcap Deals category honors the most comprehensive middle-market M&A legal practices in the industry for handling strategic and private equity transactions between $100 million and $1 billion.
The publisher pointed to Reed Smith’s success advising:
- Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter and his affiliate entities in what was the largest SPAC in both cannabis and Canadian history
- The Lemieux Group on the sale of its majority interest in the Pittsburgh Penguins to Fenway Sports Group
- Concord Music Group in its acquisition of Downtown Music’s entire music publishing business
- Dalian Wanda in its sale of World Triathlon Corp. (IRONMAN) to Advance Publications
- New Harbor Capital in its sale of its Wedgewood Village Pharmacy platform to Partners Group
- KushCo in its proposed $350 million stock-for-stock merger with Greenlane Holdings