Stephen works principally for shipowners, charterers, including major and independent oil companies, and their mutual and non-mutual insurers. As well as handling charterparty, bill of lading, MOA and shipbuilding issues, he is experienced in drafting carriage, charter and other contracts for use as standard forms or in specialised projects in the liner, tanker and offshore oil and gas sectors. Stephen spent three and a half years working in Richards Butler's Hong Kong office. He is regularly ranked in Chambers and Partners and according to Legal 500 2016 'effortlessly combines detailed knowledge of the law with genuine commercial understanding'. He was appointed a partner in 1997.
- University of Cambridge, Gonville and Caius College, M.A.
- Inglaterra y Gales
- Hong Kong
- Selected as 'Lawyer of the Year' in The Best Lawyers™ in the United Kingdom for London Shipping Law, 2024
- Ranked in Chambers UK for UK-wide Shipping, 2020-2024
- Listed as a 'Leading Individual' in The Legal 500 UK for Transport: Shipping, 2020-2024
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers™ in the United Kingdom for Shipping Law, 2014-2024