Simon is a partner in the Transportation Industry Group at Reed Smith and is head of the aviation practice in Asia for the firm. Based in Singapore, he is a leading practitioner for asset finance transactions in the Asia Pacific region, with a focus on the aviation and shipping sectors. Simon is also co-head of the firm’s Asset & Equipment Finance group.
The asset finance practice in Singapore is praised by clients for its “great local market knowledge, practical commercial responses, and understanding of client needs”, and for offering “speedy and to the point replies”. Clients highlight that “they are a strong team across the board and this is rare. Every team member is pro-active and helpful….they are very client friendly and commercial”. Clients also note that the team are “extremely knowledgeable and responsive….they are exeptionally good at managing transactions efficiently and co-ordinating very effecitvely with the various parties involved. From our experience, this key strength does differentiate them from other firms”. (Legal 500)
- College of Law, 2005, LPC
- Brunel University, 2004, LL.B.
- Inglaterra y Gales
- England and Wales
- Ranked in Chambers Asia-Pacific for Asia-Pacific Region Aviation: Finance and Singapore Aviation: Finance, 2022
- Airline Economics 40 under 40 – 2020
- Aviation Law Firm of the Year (Singapore) 2018 – Asian Legal Business Awards.
- Leading individual in Asset Finance for the Asia Pacific Region (Legal 500)