Howard started out as a lawyer during the dot.com boom, sparking his initial interest in technology and data law.
Howard is also an experienced outsourcing lawyer and provides holistic advice, anticipating future issues and considerations before they arise. He advises established financial services providers from a defensive data compliance perspective, and most recently on many GDPR compliance programmes. He also advises new entrants to the sector on how to use data to their business advantage.
Howard is motivated by getting the deal done whilst ensuring his client’s interests are best represented. He takes a vested approach to his client relationships, involving both internal stakeholders and counterparties directly.
- Angleterre et Pays de Galles
- Freeman of the City of London
- UK CFA - Investment Management Certificate (Part 1)
- Mentor at Barclays FinTech Accelerator, and previously at Wayra, GCHQ Accelerator, and Force Over Mass
- Guest lecturer to MSC Information Systems at University of Plymouth on Information Security & Cybersecurity