- 16 September 2020, 12:00 PM CDT
- 16 September 2020, 1:00 PM CDT
As courts around the country grapple with procedures and protocols associated with reopening and social distancing in a COVID environment, including use of online hearings and trials, trial lawyers’ concern on the virtues of the courtroom is clearly on the rise.
- If Courts impose virtual trials, what are the best practices for virtual trials? Assuming some courts and some aspects will be online, how might it work?
- Will jurors have the technology capability for virtual trials? Will jurors come if required in person? Which jurors will we get in each of these situations?
- Which client rights may be compromised in an online hearing or trial? What objections can we make—and win?
We’ll give a timely update on virtual trials to date, including the first product liability trial conducted over Zoom (the Ocampo case), arguments for and against, as well as an overview of the new normal for in-person hearings.
Register on IADC.org.