Jim is a member of the Financial Industry Group, practicing in the area of Financial Services Litigation, and is an affiliate member of the Global Commercial Disputes Group. Since joining the firm in 2005, Jim's practice has focused on financial services litigation and complex commercial disputes, including defense of shareholder derivative lawsuits and class actions in all contexts, including in the banking, retail, real estate, consumer finance, investment management, and securities industries. Jim has also developed a practice focused on advising clients on accessibility issues related to Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- University of Notre Dame, 2002, 工商管理学士, Finance and Anthropology, cum laude; Dean's Honor List, Member of the Lambda Alpha honor society for Anthropology
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2005, 法学博士, cum laude, Order of the Coif; Associate Editor and Executive Editor, Pittsburgh Tax Review; Recipient of the CALI Award for Excellence in Foundations of Legal Research, Trial Advocacy and Intellectual Property Law; Recipient of the Murray S. Love Trial Moot Court Award; Finalist in the Gourley Trial Court Competition
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Third Circuit
- Selected for inclusion on the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for Class Action (2012-2019)