- Reed Smith, The Broadgate Tower, 20 Primrose Street, London EC2A 2RS
- Startdatum / -uhrzeit:
- 28 March 2017, 8:30 AM BST
- Enddatum / -uhrzeit:
- 28 March 2017, 10:15 AM BST
On Tuesday 28 March our Global Regulatory Team will be hosting a morning seminar to discuss the looming imposition of the Senior Managers, Certification and Conduct Rules Regime (SMCR) for all FCA authorised firms from 2018. The Banks have implemented their approach to these requirements but will still be under the microscope throughout 2017 and 2018. This session is intended to provide an insight into the lessons learned from institutions that have already implemented the SMCR and what a proportionate and effective application of the new requirements will mean for the bulk of the FCA-regulated community. We are bringing together a few bite-sized topics on this issue over breakfast for your consideration and consumption. We will be providing some practical thoughts on:
- The implementation challenges around the FCA’s expectations, framing responsibility areas and effective mapping of them
- The responsibilities of providing effective training around the new conduct rules to an audience which is predominantly unfamiliar with those requirements
- Examining the practical tensions arising in an employment context between the certification regime and the notion of mutual trust and confidence in the employment relationship
- Some practical thoughts on how these regimes impact on the relationship with your insurer
This talk will be of interest to those with risk, compliance and legal responsibility at firms impacted.
- 08.30 - 09.00 - Arrival and registration
- 09.00 - 10.15 - Seminar
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend.