Veranstaltungsart: Webinar, CLE / CPD
- Startdatum / -uhrzeit:
- 9 April 2020, 12:00 PM EDT
- Enddatum / -uhrzeit:
- 9 April 2020, 1:00 PM EDT
- Legal & Practical Considerations for e-Signing on the Virtual Dotted Line
In the increasingly virtual and digitized world, many companies are looking to expand their use of electronic signatures (“e-signatures”) for contracts, legal documents or other records. Laws in countries across the world have provided for the legal enforceability of e-signatures for over a decade, but only in the past few years has the industry seen a trend toward broader adoption of e-signatures.
In addition to their convenience, correctly executed e-signatures actually provide security and evidentiary features that provide distinct advantages over physical, “wet” signatures. However, organizations implementing e-signatures face risks relating to the authentication and non-repudiation of an e-signature, as well as the retention of admissible records related to the electronically executed transaction.
This CLE provides:
- A global overview of the laws underpinning the enforceability of contracts, legal documents, or other records executed using electronic signatures
- Addresses the use of e-signatures in documents or transactions subject to special requirements, including security transactions and negotiable instruments
- Offers practical tips for implementing an electronic signature program to address and mitigate the risks related to electronic signatures.