Emily is a partner in our Labor and Employment Group, based in the Houston office. She represents management in all aspects of labor and employment law, including counseling, litigation, and traditional labor law. Emily regularly advises clients regarding pay equity, diversity and inclusion, federal contract/OFCCP compliance, wrongful discharge, leave and accommodation, wage and hour issues, and on a variety of other issues under state and federal laws governing the employment relationship.
She also counsels company management on independent contractor matters, exemption status under the FLSA, joint employer, covenants not to compete, employment agreements, and employee handbooks and policies.
- University of Houston Law Center, 2007, J.D.
- University of Texas, 2003, B.B.A., summa cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association