Cynthia is the deputy Practice Group Leader of our IP, Tech & Data Group.
Cynthia specialises in technology transactions, data, cyber security and new and innovative digital and tech. Cynthia’s tech and digital practice includes advice on outsourcing, licensing, digital transformation, e-commerce and cloud and apps and smart technology, blockchain and AI, particularly FinTech, mHealth and social media. Cynthia’s data protection and cybersecurity practice involves advising on both worldwide and European data protection laws, particularly data use through digital and tech innovation and development. Cynthia advises on all aspects of data protection including global strategy and compliance, privacy impact assessments, privacy by design, Big Data and data monetization, cross-border data transfers including binding corporate rules and APEC cross border transfers, record retention and deletion. Cynthia’s cybersecurity practice covers system infrastructure and network security, governance including advising boards, administrative/organizational security, advice on forensic investigations and remediation as well as on security standards and data breach. She has also successfully represented numerous clients in investigations by several of the European national data protection authorities, each resolved without further action.
- University of California, Davis School of Law, J.D.
- Universität Edinburgh, LL.M.
- Arizona State University, B.A.
- England und Wales
- New York
- Recognized by Chambers UK for Data Protection & Information Law and Information Technology, where clients have praised the group as “very experienced in technology projects”, and Cynthia as “very responsive”, “very thoughtful analysis” of IT problems, and her ability to “address angles we hadn't thought of”
- Recommended by Legal 500 UK for Data Protection and IT and Telecoms where clients have praised Cynthia as a “dependable expert” and leader of a team that delivers “good response times and excellent legal and industry knowledge”
- Named a leading authority by Who’s Who Legal in Information Technology.