Linda Salem leads Reed Smith University, the firm’s training arm, in the firm’s U.S. offices. She and her team work with members of firm leadership, senior staff, and the University's five Schools (of Law, Leadership, Business Development, Technology, and Professional Support) to plan, develop and implement programs specifically tailored to the developmental and career needs of firm lawyers and staff. This includes training on substantive legal knowledge and skills for attorneys and paraprofessionals at all levels, as well as workplace skills – e.g., leadership, business development, communications, people and matter management, and the “business of law,” among other areas. Linda and the other members of the Reed Smith University team also support Reed Smith’s lawyers in providing external CLEs and other training programs to firm clients.
- CPP, Inc., 2014, MBTI Certification
- Hildebrandt Institute, 2011, Legal Project Management Certification
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 1984, Constitutional Law Quarterly Writer and Case Comment Editor
- Pomona College, 1981, B.A., Government
- Professional Development Consortium
- Global Professional Development Roundtable
- American Bar Association