Daniel is an associate at Reed Smith, practicing in the areas of international arbitration, complex commercial litigation, and transnational investment law. As part of the firm’s Latin American Business Team, Daniel assists clients on dispute resolution matters across the region in both English and Spanish. Daniel has assisted clients in disputes across several industries, including renewable energy, oil and gas, commodities, banking, transnational investments, M&A, defamation, partnership, and construction projects both domestically and in foreign countries.
- Queen Mary, University of London, LL.M., International Dispute Resolution, with honors, Dissertation (Distinction)
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., cum laude, Chief Compliance Editor, Houston Business & Tax Law Journal
- University of North Texas, B.B.A., Finance, North Texas Forty Student Foundation
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Fifth Circuit
- Houston Bar Association-International Section-Treasurer, vice-chair/chair-elect, 2022-2023
- ITA Americas Initiative ‒ communications officer
- International Bar Association
- The Center for American and International Law, Young ITA Member
- Young ICCA
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Hispanic Bar Association of Houston
Awards & Recognition
- Named to Lawyers of Color's Annual Hot List, 2022.
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© "Ones to Watch" list for Alternative Dispute Resolution (International Arbitration), 2021, 2022 and 2023.
- Listed in Marquis' Who's Who in America.