Brian is a partner in the firm's Litigation Department and a member of the Intellectual Property Group. He has been recognized by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell as a Top Rated Lawyer in Intellectual Property Law and is listed in the Intellectual Asset Management 1000 2016 edition as a leading patent litigator. His trial practice takes him to federal courts throughout the country in cases concerning patents, trade secrets, unfair competition, licenses, false advertising, trademarks and copyrights. Brian has represented leading national and international corporations in disputes involving computer networking, medical imaging, telecommunications, IT systems, Java computing, consumer appliances, software, FinTech, e-commerce, fiber optics, data encryption, chemical sciences and medical devices.
- Georgetown University Law Center, 1982, J.D.
- University of Chicago, 1978, A.B.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- Board of Directors, Resolution Systems Institute, Chicago, IL
- Member, American Bar Association Section on Intellectual Property Litigation
- American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell, Top Rated Lawyer in
Intellectual Property Law
- IAM 1000 list as world leading patent litigator
- Listed in Illinois Super Lawyers, Intellectual Property Litigation 2009-2015
- Received AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell