John focuses his practice on complex insurance coverage litigation. His experience is broad and includes coverage disputes concerning toxic torts liability, mortgage defaults, real property title defects, environmental liability, intellectual property liability, commercial property damage and business interruption. He is both a trial lawyer and an advisor. John has litigated insurance coverage disputes involving diverse types of insurance, including First Party Property policies, Title Insurance policies, General Liability policies, Directors & Officers Liability policies, Mortgage Insurance policies, Credit Insurance policies and Employment Practices Liability policies and has extensive knowledge of insurance policy drafting history. John advises clients regarding negotiation of new and renewal policies with respect all coverages purchased by commercial businesses. He has represented clients in many jurisdictions, including the Supreme Court of Illinois and the Supreme Court of Connecticut. His practice is nationwide and also involves Lloyds and the London Market. John also acts as both neutral and party-appointed arbitrator in complex insurance coverage disputes.
- Named a "Leading Lawyer" by Legal 500 (2014)
- Listed as one of America's leading Insurance Law attorneys in Best Lawyers (2006-2016)
- Listed in Chambers USA, Insurance (2005-2012, 2014, 2016)
- Listed in Illinois Super Lawyers (2005-2015)
- Phi Beta Kappa; Omicron Delta Kappa; Raven Society
- Jefferson Literary and Debating Society