Tipo de evento: Educación legal continua/desarrollo profesional continuo, Seminario web
- Fecha/hora de inicio:
- 14 October 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
- Fecha/hora de finalización:
- 14 October 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Wednesday, October 14, 2015
9:00 a.m. PDT
12:00 p.m. EDT
5:00 p.m. BST
What You Need to Know About the Court of Justice of the European Union’s Safe Harbor Ruling: A Practical Discussion of the Impact and Solutions
Recent headlines continue to explore the ramifications of the Court of Justice of the European Union’s ruling declaring the long standing EU-US Safe Harbor framework invalid. The decision will have wide-spread implications on how global corporations manage the international transfer of data.
Please join Reed Smith for an interactive webinar offering clients and friends practical solutions to mitigate risks in their supply chain while transferring data across global borders.
- The free webinar will explore the following topics
- Overview and history of the EU-US Safe Harbor
- Ramifications of the decision in each of the EU member states
- Alternative transfer mechanisms based on a company's global footprint
- Risk of increased enforcement
- Practical steps companies can take to mitigate risk
- Impacts and changes to expect in the future
Cynthia O'Donoghue, Partner, London
Daniel Kadar, Partner, Paris
Kate Brimsted, Counsel, London
Thomas Fischl, Counsel, Munich
Philip Thomas, Associate, London
Doretta Frangaki , Associate, Athens
Reed Smith is an accredited CLE provider in California, Illinois, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Texas. This course is presumptively approved as follows: 1.0 general CLE credit in California, 1.0 general CLE credit in Illinois, 1.0 substantive CLE credit in Pennsylvania, 1.2 general CLE credit in New Jersey, and 1.0 general CLE credit in Texas. For lawyers licensed in New York, this course is eligible for 1.0 credit under New York’s Approved Jurisdiction Policy. Please allow 4 weeks after the program to receive a certificate of attendance.
Interested In Hearing More From Us?
Sign up here to receive regular updates on technology and the law from the Reed Smith Technology Law Dispatch.
Here’s what you can expect on this Reed Smith blog:
- Observations on technology legal trends including regulatory changes and developments in the courts
- Discussions of the operational and compliance issues that practitioners deal with every day
- Reports on the legal and business news involving data protection and privacy and security, information governance, intellectual property, social media, and other types of information technology