James’ practice focuses on advising companies in the Oil & Gas, Energy and Infrastructure sectors with their international energy investments.
Widely recognized as a leading energy lawyer and Band 1 ranked by Chambers Global, James advises clients in the oil and gas sector on transactions in Asia, Australia, the Middle East, Africa and North America, and has extensive experience advising on large-scale oil and gas projects, LNG sales arrangements, and energy-related mergers and acquisitions.
- University of Bristol, 1996, Bachelor of Laws, First Class Honours
- England and Wales
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators; previously served on the Board of Directors
- Listed as Highly Regarded in IFLR1000 Global for United Kingdom, Project development, M&A, 2023
- Listed as Highly Regarded in IFLR1000 Global for Japan Restructuring and insolvency, M&A, and Project development, 2022
- Ranked in Chambers UK for UK-wide Commodities: Derivatives & Energy Trading, 2022
- Ranked in Chambers UK for UK-wide Shipping, 2022