John is a trial lawyer practicing in the areas of intellectual property and commercial litigation. He has extensive experience in all aspects of litigation, including trial, discovery, law and motion, and claim construction. John has been selected as one of the Top Intellectual Property Litigators in California by the Daily Journal and has been named to the Northern California Super Lawyers list. John is a former member of Reed Smith’s Executive Committee, the firm’s global governing board.
- University of Wisconsin - Madison, 1990, J.D., Dean's List, Extern, Hon. John Coffey, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, 1987, B.A.
- Intellectual Property Owners Association
- State Bar of California - Intellectual Property Section
Premios y reconocimientos
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© for Litigation - Intellectual Property and Litigation - Patent, 2019-2023
- Selected through peer review for inclusion on the Northern California Super Lawyers list for IP Litigation, 2014-2020
- Named by the Daily Journal as one of California's Top Intellectual Property Litigators for 2013
- Fujitsu v. NETGEAR - Named by the Daily Journal as one of the top defense verdicts of 2012