活动类型: 网络研讨会, 继续法律教育（CLE）或继续专业发展（CPD）
- 10 June 2020, 2:00 PM EDT
- 10 June 2020, 3:00 PM EDT
28 USC Section 1782 gives parties involved in non-U.S. disputes access to U.S. discovery to obtain documents or testimony relevant to their disputes. U.S. companies can be served with Section 1782 subpoenas, even where:
- They are not parties to the foreign dispute
- The foreign proceeding does not otherwise allow for discovery
- The subpoenaed documents may not even be located in the U.S. or in the possession of a U.S. company (e.g. if the U.S. company has an international subsidiary in possession of the documents)
This program will cover the contours and application of Section 1782, including recent court decisions related to the interpretations of the various statutory requirements and enforcement considerations. Participants in the program will learn how parties in non-U.S. disputes are leveraging the statute to obtain discovery that they otherwise could not, as well as tips for defending against such Section 1782 requests and subpoenas.