Karen is a partner in the Global Commercial Disputes Group. Her practice focuses on litigating and resolving complex commercial litigation matters as part of the firm’s Managed Care Team. The Managed Care Team includes litigators and regulatory specialists with a deep knowledge of issues affecting managed care and health insurance companies, including prescription drug benefit and medical policy issues, provider reimbursement issues (e.g., direct pay, reimbursement rate issues), member benefits and bad faith denial of benefits issues, Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) issues and general commercial and indemnity issues.
- George Washington University Law School, 1997, 法学博士, with honors
- Georgetown University, 1993, B.S.F.S., International Politics and Relations
- Sophia University, Tokyo, Japan, study abroad participant
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court - Central District of California
- California Bar Association