Austin is a partner in Reed Smith’s Global Corporate Group. Austin’s practice encompasses all aspects of business law, including mergers and acquisitions with both strategic and financial parties, corporate and real estate finance, venture capital transactions, partnership and joint ventures, and international transactions, with particular emphasis advising significant, privately owned companies. Also, he focuses on sophisticated tax and trust planning for business owners, executives and members of families offices.
- 西北大学法学院, 1973, 法学博士, Member of the Editorial Board, Northwestern University Law Review
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1970, 理学学士, Accounting, CPA Certificate
- Chair and President of The Selfhelp Foundation and Recipient of Selfhelp Special Service Award
- Co-Chair, Lawyers Lend A Hand For Youth for Sun Time Judge Marovitz Program.
- Former Managing Partner, Sachnoff & Weaver, Ltd.
- Former Executive Committee Member, Reed Smith
- Member, Board of Managers of the Chicago Bar Foundation and Chair of Investment Committee
- Member, Finance Committee of the Chicago Bar Association
- Named as Crain’s Notable Nonprofit Board Leaders 2021
- Honoree of Bulletin of Atomic Scientist Annual Awards Dinner 2020
- Recipient of Distinguished Service Award by the Chicago Bar Foundation
- Listed in Illinois Super Lawyers, Business/Corporate 2006-2007, 2009-2012