Welcome to Reed Smith’s Accountancy Forum newsletter. This newsletter covers a range of issues affecting accounting firms, with a core focus on liability and regulatory risk. Please do get in touch with any questions. If there is a particular issue or case that you would like us to cover in an upcoming edition, we would love to hear from you.
In this issue...
- Restoring trust in audit and corporate governance: consultation on the government's proposals
- SAAMCO relegated – the Supreme Court reformulates the principles for determining the scope of duty of care of the negligent professional
- Berkeley Square Holdings v. Lancer Property Asset Management – incremental development vs principled extensions in the ‘without prejudice’ rule
- HMRC consultation on raising standards in the tax advice
- The eternal sunshine of the spotless mind? Major changes to witness statement preparation process in English High Court litigation
- Audit reform – ISA 240 and beyond
- FRC culture conference