Welcome to the inaugural edition of Reed Smith’s Global Construction Update, a bi-annual newsletter looking at key issues affecting construction and engineering projects across the globe.
Each edition will focus on a different theme of interest to our clients.
This inaugural edition examines several topics that are important in the context of the increased industry focus on sustainability and renewables.
In this edition:
- Alison Eslick (senior associate, Dubai office) puts a spotlight on how recent legal developments in the Middle East will impact the construction industry’s sustainability concerns.
- Brendan McNallen (partner, San Francisco office), Antoine Smiley (partner, Houston office) and Justin Leonelli (associate, Pittsburgh office) discuss contracting in the United States’ offshore wind market.
- Liam Hart (senior associate, London office) looks at liquidated damages regimes in wind energy projects.
- Nicolas Walker (partner, Paris office) and Vanessa Thieffry (senior associate, Paris office) explain how France’s new Climate and Resilience Law imposes significant new obligations in relation to land use, project design, impact assessment and the treatment of waste construction materials, and foreshadows increased regulatory powers to enforce those new sustainability requirements.
- Antoine Smiley (partner, Houston office) discusses his practice, which includes a strong element of renewables work, and offers insights into what is keeping his clients up at night in 2022.
Is there a topic or theme that you would like to see covered in future editions of this update? Please let us know.
Download the PDF report below.