Jodi Schwimmer began her career in 2001, and has spent the last 16 years representing investment banks, specialty lenders, real estate investors and participants in the secondary debt market. She is well-known in the industry for “closing the deal”, and has personally closed hundreds of billions of dollars worth of commercial mortgaged-backed securities (CMBS) and similar debt securities.
- Listed, Legal 500 (U.S.), Structured Finance, 2015
- Listed, Euromoney Legal Media Group, Rising Star, 2015
"Jodi and her Team at ReedSmith have provided us with sophisticated CMBS loan seller representation and advice on numerous transactions, with strong attention to detail ([prospectus] disclosure and rep exceptions), methodical process and timely delivery."
"A seasoned structured finance attorney, Jodi excels at understanding the business behind the legal work and achieves success through driving creative solutions to difficult legal and structural matters."
- 16 March 2018 "CRE bridge lending is white hot. What could possibly go wrong?" American Banker
- 25 October 2017 "Investors Maintain Healthy Appetite for B-piece CMBS" National Real Estate Investor
- New York Law School, 2001, J.D., cum laude, Recipient of the Albert Kalter Award for Excellence in Tax
- University of Massachusetts, 1998, B.A.
- New York