Kiran Somashekara advises broker-dealers, wealth management firms, and other financial institutions and their registered professionals nationwide in complex regulatory investigations and enforcement actions initiated by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and other federal and state financial regulators. Kiran also counsels firms and individuals on compliance with federal and state grand jury subpoenas, other law enforcement inquiries and related litigation and arbitration matters.
- The George Washington University Law School, 2003, J.D., graduated with honors
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 1999, B.A., graduated with high honors
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court - District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of New York
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association, Compliance & Legal Section
Awards & Recognition
- Selected through peer review for inclusion on the New York Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for Securities Litigation and General Litigation, 2011-2017. The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at superlawyers.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.