Jill has extensive experience advising on banking and securities laws, as well as data privacy, cybercrime and financial crime issues. She advises on both contentious (regulatory investigations, internal inquiries, dawn raids, etc.) and non-contentious (licensing and approvals, drafting client documents and disclosures and carrying out regulatory gap analysis) matters. Jill is also active in advising clients on emerging regulatory issues, such as virtual assets trading and exchanges, Web3, NFTs and ESG.
- Monash University, 1984, LL.B.
- Monash University, 1983, Bachelor of Economics
- Hong Kong
- England and Wales
- Chair of the British Chamber of Commerce’s Financial Markets Committee in Hong Kong
- Fellow of The Hong Kong Chartered Governance Institute and appointed to one of the Institute’s disciplinary bodies, the Investigation Group
- Served on the Disciplinary Panel of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants for several years
Awards & Recognition
- Who’s Who Legal: Thought Leaders Global Elite 2023 and Who’s Who Legal: Banking
- Global Banking Regulation Review 2023
- Regularly identified as a leading lawyer in legal directories such as Chambers & Partners, The Legal 500, IFLR1000 and Asia Law
- Asian-Mena survey: External Counsel of the Year
- Lexology Client Choice: Hong Kong, Banking
- Financial Monthly Legal Awards: Antitrust and Competition – Hong Kong and Finance Monthly Global Awards