Monique (“Nikki”) focuses on the convergence of advertising and emerging technology, helping clients navigate advertising and privacy issues in new media, digital marketing and content, social media, adtech and martech. She supports consumers brands, advertising agencies, publishers, media and technology companies in all aspects of their advertising, marketing, and media initiatives, as they innovate to drive consumer engagement.
In addition, Nikki assists clients in identifying and managing privacy and data security risks associated with new platforms and media and digital marketing. She works with clients to navigate the rapidly evolving landscape of privacy laws (including, CCPA, CPRA, CDPA, BIPA, TCPA, and GDPR). Nikki regularly assists clients in developing data use, protection, and monetization strategies by evaluating and optimizing data practices, developing internal and external policies, conducting privacy assessments, and drafting / negotiating data privacy related agreements.
- University of Illinois College of Law, 2008, J.D., magna cum laude, Symposium Editor, University of Illinois Law Review
- University of California, Berkeley, 2004, B.A.
- Former Adjunct professor, University of Illinois College of Law
- Member, Board of Directors, Chicago Volunteer Legal Services
- Member, Executive Committee, South Asian Bar Association of North America
- Member, International Trademark Association
- Member, Brand Activation Association
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Former VP of Programming, Executive Board, South Asian Bar Association of Chicago
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Asian American Bar Association of Greater Chicago
- Former Committee Co-Chair, Leadership Board, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metropolitan Chicago
Premios y reconocimientos
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© for Advertising Law, 2023
- Illinois Leading Lawyer (2022)
- Named “Forty under 40” Attorneys to Watch by Law Bulletin Publishing Company, publishers of Chicago Lawyer magazine and the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin (2020)
- Named inaugural “Salute! Women in Law” award honoree by Chicago Daily Law Bulletin (2020)
- Named "Illinois Rising Star" in Media and Advertising by Thomson Reuters (2019-2021)
- Named Among "Chicago's Notable Minority Lawyers" by Crain's Chicago Business (2018)
- Named among “Top Leading Lawyers in Illinois” in Advertising & Media, Data Privacy and Intellectual Property Law by the Leading Lawyers Network (2016-2021)