We advise on complex regulatory schemes involved in all aspects of the development, creation, marketing, sale, and servicing of payment products and services, including:
- Payment services, including checks, debit cards, ACH, wire transfers, remote deposit capture, online and mobile banking, and consumer credit cards
- Agreements for payment services, including disclosures, terms and conditions, and account statements
- Electronic commerce, including e-banking, mobile banking, and electronic funds transfer
- Money transmitters and remote merchant and remote branch capture
- Online and mobile services terms and conditions
- Cryptocurrency, blockchain, and digital wallets
Our team understands the payments ecosystem and advises on the applicable laws, including the Electronic Fund Transfer Act/Regulation E; the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act; Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts and Practices (UDAAPs); and the FinCEN money transmission licensing/registration rules.