You are invited to attend the next installment of our series, New York State (and Local Tax) of Mind.
Home to two of the most aggressive tax departments in the country, New York has a state and local tax climate that is constantly changing. This recurring series will cover up-to-date issues and events as they unfold. The series will discuss corporate income, sales and use, property, and personal income tax issues, as well as policy and administrative changes within the Department, and how they may impact your business.
Type d’évènement: Webinar
- Date/heure de début
- 17 February 2021, 2:00 PM ET
- Date/heure de fin
- 17 February 2021, 2:30 PM ET
Our New York team will provide insight on refund opportunities, challenges to Department policies, and other unique strategies to help resolve tax controversies.
This edition will feature a discussion of Governor Cuomo’s Executive Budget for Fiscal Year 2022 and its effect on taxpayers in the State. Specifically, the webinar will highlight the following major proposals:
- Voluntary Entity-level Tax (SALT Deduction Limitation Workaround);
- Revival of the Proposal to Give DTG the Right to Appeal Adverse Tribunal Decisions;
- Removal of Hybrid S Elections (Would Treat All Federal S Corporations as NY S Corporations);
- Requirement of all Facilitators of Vacation Rentals to Collect Sales Tax on Full Charge for Accommodation;
- Legalization and Taxation of Recreational Marijuana;
- Temporary High Income Personal Income Tax Surcharge; and
- Authorization of Mobile Sports Betting (with Potential Revenue Raiser).