Reed Smith partner Claude Brown will speak on a panel about “Harmonising Frameworks: From Apples & Oranges to Apples & Apples” on 21 October 2021 at the ESG Investment Europe 2021 virtual conference.
The two-day conference (21-22 October), hosted by Reuters, aims to provide insights to the investor community on leveraging environmental, social and governance factors to create data-driven, climate and shareholder conscious strategies that accurately identify risk and deliver better returns.
Type d’évènement: Webinar
- Date/heure de début
- 21 October 2021, 12:15 PM BST
- Date/heure de fin
- 21 October 2021, 1:00 PM BST
- More Information:
- ESG Investment Europe Summit
More than 3,000 European institutional asset owners, asset managers, regulators, standard setters and data providers are scheduled to attend the Reuters events, which occurs just two weeks before COP26, the United Nations Climate Change Conference.
Please note: Registration is for the two-day event. Reed Smith partner Claude Brown will be speaking on 21 October 2021 at 12:15 PM BST. Details of his session are below.
Harmonising Frameworks: From Apples & Oranges to Apples & Apples
Private bodies have created frameworks with varying rates of adoption. But questions remain around whether too many framework choices reduce the ability to effectively compare investments.
This panel discussion will address questions such as:
- Are harmonisation and universality needed to remove comparison risk, and allow easier and more accurate investment analysis?
- How can businesses define the roadmap to framework harmonisation, allowing more transparency around ESG risks, more honest comparison, more accurate results, and more reliable returns?
- What are the barriers to universality?
This session will also address why geographic area, tax obligations and data accuracy are all key challenges to be solved in order to unify standards allowing for better investment analysis.
- Claude Brown, Partner, Reed Smith
- Margaret Franklin, President and CEO, CFA Institute
- Curtis Ravenel, Secretariat, TCFD
- Maxfield Weiss, Executive Director, EuropeCDP
- Maria Van Der Heider, Head of EU Policy, ShareAction