Vassia’s practice has a focus on international trade and commodities. She advises and represents clients, mainly commodity trading houses and banks, on both dispute and transactional matters relation to the sale and purchase, transportation and financing of commodities, particularly food and feedstuffs, vegetable oils, oilseeds, cotton, coal, crude oil and petroleum products. She has considerable experience in arbitration before major trade associations and international bodies, as well as in High Court litigation, including before the appellate courts. She also regularly advises clients in the execution of physical commodity contracts with a view to early dispute resolution. Vassia is recognised as a leading individual in Commodities in both Legal 500 and Chambers, as follows:
Chambers UK 2019: “she is super user-friendly and really good in the physicals space”.
Legal 500 UK 2019: “has a very calm manner, which instils the utmost confidence in the advice being given”.
Listed as a Leading Lawyer in The Legal 500 UK for Commodities: physicals, 2015-2019, and Commodities disputes, 2020
Legal 500 UK 2016: referenced as “successfully acted for client in Supreme Court”
- University of Southampton, LL.M., Carriage of goods by sea, marine insurance and admiralty
- University of Athens, Department of Law (Bachelor)
- Angleterre et Pays de Galles
- Ranked in Chambers UK for UK-wide Commodities: Physicals, 2020-2021
- Listed as a Leading Lawyer in The Legal 500 UK for Commodities disputes, 2020-2021