Jodi serves as global co-lead of Reed Smith's Financial Industry Group. She began her career in 2001 and has spent the last 20 years representing investment banks, specialty lenders, special strategy debt funds, real estate investors and participants in the secondary debt market. She is well-known in the industry for “closing the deal”, and has personally closed hundreds of billions of dollars’ worth of commercial mortgaged-backed securities (CMBS) and similar debt securities. Jodi has extensive and broad structured finance skills across a variety of underlying debt obligations.
- New York Law School, 2001, J.D., cum laude, Recipient of the Albert Kalter Award for Excellence in Tax
- University of Massachusetts, 1998, B.A.
- New York
Récompenses et distinctions
- Named a Rainmaker in CRE Debt, Equity and Finance by Globe St. Real Estate Forum
- Listed as Highly Regarded in IFLR1000 Global for New York Capital markets: Structured finance and securitization, 2022-2023
- Listed in Legal 500 USA for Structured Finance: Securitization in 2015, 2021 and 2022
- Listed, as a Rising Star in Euromoney Legal Media Group, Rising Star, 2015
Quotes from Clients
"Jodi and her Team at Reed Smith have provided us with sophisticated CMBS loan seller representation and advice on numerous transactions, with strong attention to detail ([prospectus] disclosure and rep exceptions), methodical process and timely delivery."
"A seasoned structured finance attorney, Jodi excels at understanding the business behind the legal work and achieves success through driving creative solutions to difficult legal and structural matters."
- 23 September 2022 “This Big Law Attorney Left New York for Miami to Become a Key Player in Reed Smith's Expansion” Law.com
- 17 June 2022 “Women Leading The Finance Industry: Jodi Schwimmer of Reed Smith On The 5 Things You Should Do To Increase Your Financial Literacy” Authority Magazine
- 18 October 2020 "Pressure on New York City Commercial Real Estate Worries Investors" The Wall Street Journal
- 20 May 2019 "Rise in CMBS IO Loan Issuance Surpasses Pre-Recession Levels, Worrying Some in the Industry" National Real Estate Investor
- 25 April 2019 "CMBS Market Update" Rating Agency
- 24 April 2019 "CMBS Market Update" Commercial Property Executive
- 16 March 2018 "CRE bridge lending is white hot. What could possibly go wrong?" American Banker
- 25 October 2017 "Investors Maintain Healthy Appetite for B-piece CMBS" National Real Estate Investor