Reed Smith provides its pharmaceutical, medical device, and other life sciences clients with seamless services across the United States, Europe, Asia and other markets. Our Life Sciences team includes more than 200 attorneys and health care professionals throughout our offices who combine their knowledge of the health care industry, life science product development and management requirements, regulatory demands, and litigation strategies, to serve clients. This includes companies that develop and market an array of drug, device, diagnostic, and biotechnology products and services.
We have the experience and multidisciplinary approach to assist you with every aspect of your business – from early-stage development, transactions, corporate structure and governance, regulatory, clinical trials, research and development, drug pricing, manufacturing, fraud and abuse, and marketing and commercial issues, to product liability risk assessments and litigation, class actions, False Claims Act, commercial disputes and other litigation. Our in-depth knowledge of the life sciences industry, combined with the unique skills of our attorneys in other groups – including appellate, global regulatory enforcement, intellectual property, insurance recovery, labor & employment, real estate, records & e-discovery, and tax – enables us to provide clients with comprehensive legal counsel tailored to their specific operational workings and strategic business goals.
We have a long history of partnering with our clients because we understand the importance of bringing their innovations to market and protecting their commercial successes. Our reputation and track record reflect our past and current success:
- Named a finalist in The American Lawyer’s 2016 “Product Liability Litigation Department of the Year” contest
- Named The Recorder’s 2015 “Litigation Department of the Year” for Product Liability
- Named by Legal 500 as the “Product Liability Defense Team of 2014”
- Ranked in Tier 1 as one of the best law firms in the United States for Health Care Law by U.S. News & World Report/Best Lawyers® in 2015
- Ranked in 2016 among the nine “Strongest Firms For Health Care Work” by BTI Consulting Group Inc.
- Consistently recognized by Chambers USA, Chambers UK, Legal 500 and LMG Life Sciences for our product liability, transactions and health care capabilities
- Ranked among the top U.S. law firms in number of life sciences clients represented in venture finance transactions
- Ranked as one of the top 10 law firms in the United States for quality of service by Corporate Counsel Magazine, based on a survey conducted of Fortune 250 companies' in-house counsel