The rankings show the firm’s particular strength in intellectual property matters and in appeals cases. Firm lawyers earned recognition for their work in employment, energy and insurance issues as well.
Reed Smith lawyers included on the Northern California Super Lawyers list are:
- Katherine Basile, Intellectual Property
- John Bovich, IP Litigation
- Raymond Cardozo, Appellate
- Paul Fogel, Appellate
- Dennis Peter Maio, Appellate
- Robert Phillips, IP Litigation
- David Weiss, Insurance Coverage
Reed Smith lawyers included on the Northern California Rising Stars list are:
- Justine Lee, Intellectual Property
- Phillip Babich, Energy & Natural Resources
- Maytak Chin, Business Litigation
- Seth Herring, IP Litigation
- Garrett Parks, Employment & Labor
According to Super Lawyers, Maio and Phillips have made the list 10 times, and Cardozo was included on a separate list of top lawyers for appellate matters.
The organization gives the annual Rising Star designation to lawyers under 40 years of age or who have fewer than 10 years in practice and demonstrate outstanding career accomplishments.
Super Lawyers annually selects lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement through a rigorous process that includes independent research, peer nominations, and peer evaluations.
Visit SuperLawyers.com to learn more about the selection process.