As was the case in 2021, Reed Smith ranked in Tier 1 for two practice areas: Kazakhstan Dispute Resolution and United Arab Emirates Construction.
The eight new practice rankings for the firm are:
- Belgium Competition: EU and Global
- France Aviation Finance
- France Derivatives and Structured Finance
- France Project Finance
- France Mergers and Acquisitions
- Greece Energy
- Greece Projects and Privatisation
- United Arab Emirates Corporate Finance (Including Islamic Lending)
Reed Smith retained all of the rankings that it achieved in the previous year’s guide, and its ranking for “France Intellectual Property: Patents” rose.
Six individual lawyers ranked as Leading Lawyers and/or Hall of Fame lawyers:
- Dimitris Assimakis – Greece Energy (Hall of Fame) and Greece Projects and Privatisation (Leading Lawyer) (first time on list with Reed Smith)
- Jean-Pierre Collet – France Tax: Property Tax (Leading Lawyer)
- Sachin Kerur – United Arab Emirates Construction (Hall of Fame)
- Michelle Nelson – United Arab Emirates Construction (Hall of Fame)
- Marianne Schaffner – France Intellectual Property: Patents (Leading Lawyer)
- Andreas Splittgerber – Germany Information Technology (Leading Lawyer)
Minas Kitsilis is newly listed as a Rising Star for Greece Energy.
The Legal 500 defines “Hall of Fame” as lawyers who have a sustained leading presence in their respective practices over several years; and "Rising Stars" as lawyers below partner level who frequently appear in their rankings.