The labor and employment law landscape is continually shifting, and 2019 was no exception, with sweeping legislation around the country dealing with sexual harassment, paid leave laws, arbitration agreements, and more. Our labor and employment lawyers from around the United States will review some of the trends of 2019 and highlight what is coming down the pike in 2020, including looking specifically at what is happening in California in these areas.
Type d’évènement: Formation juridique continue, Webinar
- Date/heure de début
- 5 December 2019, 10:00 AM PT
- Date/heure de fin
- 5 December 2019, 11:00 AM PT
- More Information:
- U.S. Labor and Employment Law: Looking back at 2019 and ahead to 2020
Our CLE webinar will cover the following:
- Sick and disability leave laws: Many cities and states are making substantial changes to their sick and disability leave laws, with many going into effect in 2020.
- Pay equity: Employers continue to grapple with this high-profile issue while jurisdictions around the country impose new laws, including salary history bans.
- Sexual harassment: From California to New York, legislators have passed new sexual harassment laws and included new confidentiality provisions, forcing employers to update policies and put training plans into place quickly.
- Arbitration agreements: Challenges to arbitration agreements continue to be front and center on courts’ dockets, and we will provide an update on the latest from a state and federal perspective.
- Independent contractor classification: California is leading the way in legislation in this area with the recently enacted Assembly Bill 5, but other states are sure to follow.
- Labor law developments: We will update you on the latest from the National Labor Relations Board in 2019 and what to watch for in 2020.
- Other hot topics that are making headlines in 2020